Pure Physio Pty Ltd (we, us, our, Pure Physio) recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of all personal information provided to us by users of our web sites, patients, and anyone who interacts with our company in any way. We created this policy with a fundamental respect for our users’ and patients’ right to privacy and to guide our relationships with our users and customers.
This privacy statement outlines the privacy practices we adopt to protect the privacy of your personal information and the way we handle and manage your personal information. To make this policy easy to find, we make it available on our website. You can also obtain a copy by contacting us and asking for a copy.
When handling your personal information, we will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the 13 Australian Privacy Principles.
2. What kind of personal information does Pure Physio collect?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual.
We collect a range of personal information from our patients. When providing our various services, we may collect personal information, such as:
- contact information including name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, date of birth;
- demographic information including job title and company information;
- information regarding your use of devices connected to or related to our services (for example, information regarding your use of email correspondence with our clinical staff regarding a condition or presentation)
3. How does Pure Physio collet personal information?
Pure Physio will generally collect personal information directly from you, when you:
- book an appointment with us;
- attend an appointment with us and convey medical history, both current, past and social history, including medical reports or referrals, or medical imaging reports.
- register your details via our website based booking enquiry form;
- provide feedback to us; or
From time to time we may collect personal information about you from a third party, such as:
- your employer, where it is necessary for us to provide medical reports or recommendations
- a body that maintains public records such as legal entities, work safe, TAC, DVA or insurance companies.
4. Why does Pure Physio collect your personal information?
Pure Physio collects your personal information to:
- provide a gold standard of medical assessment, diagnosis, and treatment to our patients as providers of health related services;
- manage our customer service relationships with our patients
- communicate with you about an appointment detail, medical stock item ordered, or account related query;
- monitor or improve satisfaction with our customer services and follow up on any complaints or feedback;
- comply with our legal obligations.
We also use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website but we do not use or disclose any information that could be used to identify an individual during this process. This information may be collected from, but not limited to, web browsing statistics and network monitoring tools. Pure Physio does not identify individuals that this information relates to and does not disclose this information to third parties.
5. Disclosure of personal information by Pure Physio
Generally, we will only disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected. At times, personal information provided by you to us may be required to be shared with organisations such as insurance companies, WorkSafe, TAC, DVA, or other medical practioners involved in patient care.
For example, we may provide information to:
- insurers relating to a medical claim or dispute, or otherwise facilitate our insurance related treatment plans;
- health professionals engaged in a patients’ treatment
- debt collectors to collect payment of outstanding fees or money you owe to us;
- third party document storage or IT service providers;
We will also disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law. For example, in response to a court order or a subpoena or other legal obligation, such as response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to, or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property.
Our users and customers should also be aware that government bodies may have the authority under certain circumstances to receive personal information from us and without your permission.
We may share aggregate information, which is not personally identifiable, with others. This information may include usage and demographic data, but it will not include personal information.
6. Direct marketing
Pure Physio does not engaging in direct marketing in the form of newsletters or offers. Any information that is communicated via email or text message is related to patient specific presentations. All marketing that occurs is via our website and social media channels.
We offer our patients the option to receive information about their appointment via text message and email. A patient may opt out at any time by communicating this to Pure Physio directly. Patients may also opt out of one specific medium whilst still receiving messages through other communication channels.
7. Security of your personal information
To seek to prevent unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of your personal information, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to seek to safeguard and secure the personal information we collect.
Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a physiotherapist, podiatrist, remedial massage therapist or administrative receptionist) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Finally, the servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secured environment.
8. Correcting, accessing or updating your personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect is kept up-to date, accurate and complete. If your personal information changes (such your name or address), you can contact us and let us know of the change. Please contact our administrative staff:
Pure Physio Pty Ltd
Level 2, 200 Queen Street
Phone: 03 9090 7325
You can also inquire about your personal information we collect and maintain by contacting us. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your personal information.
You have a right to request:
- access to personal information we hold about you; and
- correction to personal information we hold about you that is incorrect, inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading.
You can make a request by contacting us using the contact details above, and this request will be forwarded on to the company directors for appropriate action.
9. Links to other websites
Our websites contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each website that we may provide a link to on our website.
10. Notifications and changes
For questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site or any dealings with Pure Physio, please contact us at:
Level 2, 200 Queen Street
Phone: (03) 9090 7325
11. Privacy complaints
Please direct all privacy complaints to our Privacy Officers. The contact details for our Privacy Officer are as follows:
Level 2, 200 Queen Street
Phone: (03) 9090 7325
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Attention Privacy Officer” if you would prefer we contact you.
A privacy complaint may relate to any concern or dispute you may have with our privacy practices. This could include matters such as:
- how your personal information is collected;
- how your personal information is stored;
- how your personal information is used or disclosed; or
- how access to your personal information is provided.
At all times, privacy complaints will:
- be treated seriously;
- be dealt with promptly;
- be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- not affect your existing presentation or treatment with any Pure Physio entity.
Our Privacy Officer will commence an investigation into your complaint promptly. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following the completion of the investigation. In the event you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.